The Journey Man
The Journey Man
The Journey Man entitles the work of Johnny Gillett who draws from over thirty years of wide and varied performance.
• As a Mime Artist throughout Europe and North America
• As a Speech and Drama Teacher in South East Asia
• As a Youth Worker to the international expatriate community
• As a world travelled Storyteller with tales from across the globe and nearer to home
Now Johnny visits schools, museums, corporate training days, teacher training days, festivals, woodland, parks, youth centres, churches, conferences, art centres, residential centres, castles and many other venues to perform, lead workshops and teach.
The Journey Man travels greatly about Cheshire and into Wales, as well as the rest of the United Kingdom with regular visits to the South. And still he manages to make the occasional journey across the seas to lands afar.
Storytelling is an intrinsic part of being human, therefore the work of The Journey Man touches many areas of society.
For three decades, Johnny Gillett has worked with people of all ages and managed many diverse teams. Storytelling has journeyed with him throughout. He now he combines his skills and experience to provide story-based work for a vast range of clients, creating environments where stories can be shared, explored and reshaped, allowing for new understanding and greater participation.
In any one week. Johnny may be…
- leading family groups through the woodland, sharing with them the local folklore
- training creatives how to present their ideas so that others can understand them
- presenting strategies to high school students on how to access their imagination in exam conditions
- using stories and metaphor to enable a team to find its way through transition
- telling tales to parents and toddlers in a library
- coaching teachers and corporate trainers in how to use stories within their practice
- working with marginalised youth in understanding how to change the story that has ruled their life
And many of these will be in a different countries across the world.
Johnny draws on his international experience of narrative and the capturing of ideas to ensure that everyone he works with can 'step into their story'.
"Owning our story and loving ourselves through the process is the bravest thing we can do."